NASCAR race weather: Will rain in forecast delay the Daytona race again?

first_imgMORE: Watch the Coke Zero Sugar 400 live and on demand with fuboTV (7-day trial)The postponed race is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, but that may be unlikely. According to weather.com, the forecast includes a 35 percent chance of thunderstorms beginning at 2 p.m. and fluctuates up to a high of 50 percent at 5 p.m. before finally dissipating to just a 15 percent chance of rain at 8 p.m..According to AccuWeather meteorologist Alan Reppert, “”It looks like a similar set up on Sunday as storms are expected to fire in the afternoon and evening across the area. The storms will be slow-moving, and could once again cause delays.” Brian Neudorff, who provides weather forecasts for all NASCAR races, said, “As the afternoon wears on more & more storms form over the region from isolated to scattered to large clusters like Saturday. I anticipate at least one weather related delay.”Fox Sports NASCAR reporter Bob Pockrass said that since showers will intensify later in the day, NASCAR moved up the green flag to 1:04 p.m. ET.Friday’s Xfinity race was delayed two hours because of storms and the Monster Energy Cup Series had its qualifying canceled. Joey Logano will start on the pole for the Coke Zero Sugar 400. If there’s one thing you can count on in Florida during the summer months, it’s rain, and it appears as though precipitation is going to affect the Coke Zero Sugar 400 on Sunday at Daytona International Speedway, just one day after weather forced the postponement of the race originally scheduled for Saturday night.The weather threatening Sunday’s race at Daytona could be more than just rain, though. Strong storms with lightning, scattered throughout the afternoon, were forecast for the area.last_img read more

Bev Stallbaumer, 61, Wellington: Jan. 5, 1954 – Sept. 26, 2015

first_imgBev StallbaumerBev Stallbaumer, longtime Wellington resident, died Saturday, September 26, 2015 at Hospice House in Hutchinson at the age of 61.Beverly Ann was born the daughter of Roger and Dorothy (Garrity) Stallbaumer on Tuesday, January 5, 1954 in Wichita. Her father preceded her in death.Survivors include her mother, Dorothy Stallbaumer of Wellington; daughter, Misty Barnum and her husband Steve of Hutchinson; grandchildren: Elizabeth and Michelle Barnum both of Hutchinson; sister, Terri Cornejo of Conway Springs; brother, Roger Stallbaumer, Jr. and his wife Julia of Wellington; brother, Robert “Bob” Stallbaumer and his wife Janelle of Andover; brother, Joe Stallbaumer and his wife Barbara of Wellington; sister, Mary Lynn Patterson and her husband Toby of Canyon, Texas; brother, Scott Stallbaumer of Wellington and sister-in-law, Kim Stallbaumer of Wellington. Along with her father, she was preceded in death by her brother, John Stallbaumer.Visitation will be held at the funeral home from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m., Wednesday, September 30, 2015. Recitation of the Holy Rosary will begin at 7 p.m. on Wednesday evening in the chapel of Cornejo|Day Funeral Home, Wellington.Funeral Mass for Bev will be held at 10 a.m., Thursday, October 1st, 2015, at St. Anthony/St. Rose Catholic Church, Wellington.Private interment will follow at later time in Sumner Memorial Gardens, Wellington.Memorial contributions can be given to the Bryce Day Community Memorial Fund designed to assist Bev and other community members in need of financial assistance for funeral services. Contributions may be mailed or left with the funeral home.To share a memory or leave condolences, please visit www.cornejodayfuneralhome.comArrangements are by Cornejo|Day Funeral Home & Crematory, Wellington.last_img read more