Tesla’s Aussie Success Paves Way For More Projects

first_img FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Australia’s renewable energy sector responds to the success of South Australia’s Tesla lithium ion battery: South Australia will build the world’s largest solar thermal plant, and a Queensland wind farm may be the site of a new record-breaking battery.The Aurora solar plant in Port Augusta, SA, will begin construction this year. The $650 million, 150-megawatt plant uses mirrors and solar power to heat molten salt and generate electricity, and was approved this week by the state government. It will be built by American company SolarReserve, and is expected to create 650 local jobs during construction.In Queensland, French utility Neoen – which partnered with Tesla in SA to create the world’s largest battery – may trump its own creation by building an even larger storage system at the Kaban Green Power Hub, 80 kilometers from Cairns.Garth Heron, Neoen Australia’s head of wind development, told Bloomberg the company was looking to create “a very large battery” up north to deal with “a lot of need for electricity storage up in Queensland.”The South Australian Tesla battery, which is paired with Neoen’s Hornsdale wind farm, has a 100 MW capacity. In December the state government hailed the battery’s effectiveness in dealing with power outages, and Neoen and Tesla have recently announced plans for a second collaboration to build a 20 MW battery in Victoria.More: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/jan/11/big-new-renewable-projects-planned-across-australia-as-tesla-effect-hits Tesla’s Aussie Success Paves Way For More Projectslast_img read more

Monchi departs Roma ahead of Arsenal move

first_imgMonchi departs Roma ahead of Arsenal move Comment Metro Sport ReporterFriday 8 Mar 2019 1:05 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link1.1kShares Claudio Ranieri is expected to be installed as Fulham’s next manager (Picture: Getty)Claudio Ranieri, sacked by Fulham last week, is expected to replace Di Francesco and the lack of input Monchi had over that decision is said to have led to the total breakdown in his relationship with the club’s hierarchy.Monchi worked with Unai Emery during their successful period together at the Sanchez Pijuan and is expected to take up the vacant role at the Emriates left as a result of former Borussia Dortmund talent spotter Sven Mislinatat’s departure last month.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal Eusebio Di Francesco was sacked by Roma following Tuesday’s Champions League defeat against Porto (Picture: Getty) Arsenal are expected to employ Monchi as Sven Mislintat’s successor (Picture: Getty)As they arrived at the airport on the way back from the match in Portugal, a group of Roma fans abused several members of the team, including defender Alessandro Florenzi, who was sarcastically clapped for his role in conceding a needless and decisive 117th minute penalty.Reports claimed Monchi confronted the group of disgruntled supporters, offered to fight them and threatened ‘in six months, I’ll take on each of you one on one.’The 50-year-old subsequently issued an apology on Twitter, which read: ‘It’s true that there was a moment when emotions ran high because of the huge disappointment that we all experienced.‘I apologise to all the fans and, in particular, those present at the airport. Forza Roma!!’ Monchi has left Roma by mutual consent (Picture: Getty)Roma’s sporting director Monchi has left Roma by mutual consent ahead of his anticipated move to Arsenal.‘I want to put on record our thanks to Monchi for his dedication during his time at the club and we wish him all the best for his future endeavours in football,’ said AS Roma CEO Guido Fienga.The Spaniard, who spent 17 years as a sporting director at Sevilla, a club he also represented as a player, joined the Giallorossi in 2017.‘I would like to thank President Pallotta, the club’s management, staff, players and fans for their support during my time at the club,’ said Monchi. ‘I wish Roma a lot of success in the future.’AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTMore: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityAfter helping turn Sevilla into serial Europa League winners, Monchi was expected to help build a similarly successful side in the Italian capital.Although Roma reached the semi finals of last season’s Champions League, despite the cut-price sale of Mohamed Salah, they have failed to kick-on and lie a staggering 28 points behind Serie A leaders Juventus.A poor run of form culminated in Tuesday’s Champions League defeat at Porto, which proved to be the final straw for head coach Eusebio Di Francesco, who was sacked yesterday. Advertisement Advertisementlast_img read more

Ambode for CAF Beach Soccer Nations Cup Opening Ceremony

first_img“Governor Ambobe is committed to youth development and this event involves other countries on the continent, hence, it is being accorded the seriousness it deserves.“There will be plenty of fun in between because we are getting into the festive period and we want Lagosians to have fun at the AFCON beach tourney.”Apart from Nigeria, Egypt, Ghana, Cote d’ Ivoire, Madagascar, Libya, Morocco and Senegal are expected to compete for honours in the competition.Ayorinde urged lovers of beach football and music to storm Eko Atlantic to support Nigeria and also enjoy the competition.“We are working hard to make this event great in all aspects. The LOC and the sponsors have been wonderful because they are also aware that the governor would always go for the global best practices in all situations,” the information commissioner added.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, is expected to grace the opening day of the African Beach Soccer Nations Cup on December 13 at the Eko Atlantic City on Victoria Island.Lagos Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Steve Ayorinde, stated yesterday that the continental beach football tourney was uppermost on the mind of the state’s number one citizen.Ayorinde said that Ambode would be present at the opening ceremony of the event slated to take place between December 13 and 18.last_img read more

Hearts of Oak thank fans for record-breaking turnout despite loss to Kotoko [VIDEO]

first_imgOn Sunday, January, 26 2020, Accra Hearts of Oak of lost to their arch-rivals Kumasi Asante Kotoko in Game Week 6 of the Ghana Premier League.Despite the loss and disappointment of not picking the three maximum points, the club has issued a statement on its official Twitter account thanking the fans for a massive turnout at the Accra Sports Stadium.The National Sports Authority (NSA) had earlier announced that the Super 2 clash between Hearts of Oak and Asante Kotoko at the Accra Sports Stadium generated GHS 726, 380 Ghana cedis or about USD 130,000 in gate proceeds.The amount was confirmed by the NSA on Monday 24 hours after the encounter.The figures show it now holds the record for the most-watched football game in Ghana.Background:Goals from Justice Blay and Naby Keita, either side of a Joseph Esso leveler, gave Asante Kotoko a 2-1 win over Hearts of Oak at the Accra Sports Stadium on Sunday.@HeartsOfOakGH expresses immense gratitude to the fans for showing up in a record breaking style and also showing maturity before,during and after the game. It’s unfortunate we couldn’t give the amazing fans the desired win but we will work hard and come back stronger. Thank you. pic.twitter.com/A8LcUaVnvE— Phobians (@HeartsOfOakGH) January 27, 2020last_img read more

Updated: Wellington sporting events that have been postponed…

first_imgSumner Newscow report — The following sports cancelations have been made for today:•Wellington High School tennis match at Chaparral has been postponed until Friday, April 12.•Wellington junior varsity tennis match today has been postponed  to Friday, April 5.•The Wellington Middle School tennis match in Winfield has been postponed. No makeup date has been determined yet.last_img