CBS Picks Up Supergirl Pilot, Starring Laura Benanti & Jeremy Jordan

first_img Laura Benanti This could be good news for Broadway faves Laura Benanti and Jeremy Jordan—their previously reported Supergirl pilot has been picked up for series order by CBS. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the show could air on Sunday nights in the 8PM slot or be scheduled for the summer with other sci-fi shows.Glee star Melissa Benoist will take on the role of Kara Zor-El, AKA Supergirl, with Benanti playing her mom. Rumor has it that Jordan guest stars in the pilot as Winslow “Winn” Schott, who gets naughty as Schott’s alter ego Toyman.Benanti, who is currently treading the boards in the Rockettes’ New York Spring Spectacular, has most recently been seen on screen in Nashville. She took home a Tony for her performance in Gypsy and was also nominated for Into the Woods and Women on the Verge of a Nervous Break Down.Jordan received a Tony nod for his performance as Jack Kelly in Newsies and has also appeared on stage in Bonnie and Clyde, Rock of Ages and West Side Story. His screen credits include Smash and The Last 5 Years. View Commentscenter_img Star Fileslast_img read more

Panelo: Duterte order on VFA termination not ‘fake news’

first_img“If he (Duterte) has not given theinstruction yet to ES, it does not mean the (information) I shared with mediais untrue. It only means ES has not yet gotten the directive from PRRD,” headded.  “What (Lorenzana) meant is(Medialdea) has yet to receive the instruction. That is what (Medialdea) alsotold me last night — that he has not received the instruction yet from PRRD.There is no inconsistency,” Panelo said. “I was quoting PRRD (President RodrigoR. Duterte) of what he told me,” Panelo said in a short message to the media.“There was no inconsistency in the President’s stance on the VFA.” Panelo insisted that Duterte hasinstructed Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea to inform Foreign AffairsSecretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. of his latest order to notify the US about therevocation of the 22-year-old VFA. Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo insists that there is an official order from President Rodrigo Duterte to send a formal notice to the United States for the termination of the Visiting Forces Agreement. ABS-CBN NEWS MANILA – Presidential SpokespersonSalvador Panelo insisted that there is an official order from President RodrigoDuterte to send a formal notice to the United States for the termination of theVisiting Forces Agreement (VFA).center_img President Duterte has earlier orderedthe termination of VFA due to US senators demand the release from detention ofopposition senator Leila De Lima; US Senate resolution condemning drug war;amendment to US budget barring entry of Philippine officials linked to De Lima’sarrest; and cancellation of Sen. Ronald Dela Rosa’s US visa. Ratified by the Philippine Senate in1999, the VFA allowed US troops to train and advise the Philippine military indisaster response and anti-terrorist operations, but banned US forces fromparticipating in combat operations. Under the two-decade military pactbetween the Philippines and the US, the VFA can be terminated via a writtennotice from either of the countries. Expiration will come 180 days from thetime either party notifies the other./PN Panelo came up with a statement onSaturday night after Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana branded as “fake news”the President’s fresh directive, which was released by the Palace spokespersonon Friday.last_img read more